By browsing or using our website you agree to this policy governing the use of the website. If you do not accept this policy then you must not use our website.
- To keep your data safe and private.
- Not to sell your data.
- To make it easy for you to manage and review your marketing choices at any time.
- To delete your data if it is no longer required.
How we use your information
Your name and contact details
- To deliver your orders.
- Send order updates by text, e-mail or by telephone.
- Sending you information by e-mail or post about new products and services – we will only send you this with your consent.
- For fraud prevention.
- For customer service and product support.
- For training purposes.
Your date of birth information
- For Rental and Finance applications and for fraud prevention.
Your payment information
- We do not store credit card details on our servers these are processed directly by the credit card processing company Payment Sense on their secure Smartpay payment system. Other payments taken on our website are processed by Stripe. Stripe do not store any card details, they only process the payment.
If any payments are taken over the phone, we use either Global Payments or WorldPay to process the card details. These details are also not saved by their servers.
Your contact history with us
- For customer service and support.
Purchase history and saved items
- What you’ve bought and what you’ve stored in your trolley for another time.
- To remember your wish list.
- To provide customer service, support and to deal with returns.
Information about the devices you use on our website
Information you give us when you browse our website, including your IP address and device type and, if you choose to share it with us, your location data, as well as how you use our website.
To prevent and detect fraud against either you or Express Appliances and to meet our legal obligations about looking after your data.
Sharing your information
We will not sell or rent your personal data to a third party – including your name, address, email address or any other details pertinent to your application.
However, in order to fulfil your order or service we will share it with:
- Payment service providers and delivery companies.
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts who help us run our business.
- Credit reference agencies, finance companies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies.
- Manufacturers when spare parts are sent to you or for warranty purposes.
- Service engineers or technicians repairing products in your home or work premises.
- We may provide third parties with anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
We also anonymise and aggregate personal information (so that it does not identify you) and use it for purposes including testing our IT systems and improving our website and to develop new products and services. We also share this information with third parties.
We will only send you marketing messages if you consent for us to do so.
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time.
You can do this:
- By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email.
- By e-mailing email@example.com or by writing to Express Appliances Ltd, Unit 11, Moorside Business Centre, Eastgates, Colchester, CO1 2TJ.
Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages.
Please note that we will update our systems as quickly as we can but you may still get messages from us while we process your request.
Stopping marketing messages will not stop communications in regards to orders or customer related issues.
We also engage in online advertising, also to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.
Like many companies, we target Express Appliances banners and ads to you when you are on other websites and apps. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service.
The banners and ads you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of Express Appliances or on Express Appliances banners or ads you have previously clicked on.
We will keep your information for as long as you have an account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you, or for as long as is necessary to provide product related services.
If required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud, or enforce our terms and conditions.
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used.
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances.
- The right to stop direct marketing messages and withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time.
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider.
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Changes to our privacy statement
If significant changes are made to this statement than we will make that clear on our websites or by e-mailing you so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to receive marketing messages from us.
How to contact us
If you want to exercise your rights, make a complaint, or just have questions regarding the privacy statement then please contact us by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at:
Express Appliances Ltd
Unit 11, Moorside Business Centre
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Find out on their website how to report a concern https://ico.org.uk/concerns/